Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Most Recent Century: In All My Ignorance #1


In all of my ignorance, and I am pretty embarrassed to be writing this, I really did not realize that the Vietnam War was fought over the American struggle with communism. I really feel like an asshole right now. I guess in school, when I was younger, we were all so concerned with the Cold War with the USSR that I was unaware of all of the hot wars going on that were about communism. I knew about the Korean War, I watched MASH for Pete's sake– even though that was typically though to be about the Vietnam War. I obviously, well maybe not so obvious after you read this post, I knew about the vietnam War, it was everywhere as a child, that and the gas shortages. Well, thankfully now I no longer live in ignorance about this topic. (wc 156)

No comments:

Post a Comment