Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Most Recent Century: In All My Ignorance #2


Once again, In all my ignorance, and I am embarrassed to writing this too, but not as embarrassed as the last post, I did not know the the Great Depression was a world wide experience. What a jerk. I kinda thought that maybe we were special, albeit unfortunately, this time around that our economic crisis was felt globally. I really was blind that the Great Depression played a part in Hitler coming into power. I know there are parallels between our contemporary situation and the Great depression, like the statements booming economy, market frenzy, and bursting bubbles– I just did not realize global world economy was in the mix too. Wow, and I used to actually have a bit of confidence when I opened my mouth. Now I know.
(wc 129)

No comments:

Post a Comment